According to the ADA Health Policy Institute, the average dentist currently retires just before they turn 69, although back in 2001 their average retirement age was about 65. (Aug 20, 2018)
Do you want to be forced to practice into your late sixties because you don’t have the financial means to retire and enjoy the lifestyle you want? Will you be physically able to practice that long? Many of you have neck and back pain now.
Believe us, we know how hard you work. We bring you the Freedom Blueprint Workshop to give you the tools to control your retirement destiny. If you can achieve financial freedom with passive income, you have choices. If you enjoy practice, you can engineer it to fit your desired lifestyle without the financial pressure. If you want to leave daily practice, you can replace that income with cash flow investments that will replace your practice income. In either case, the Freedom Blueprint Workshop will help you design a plan with the tactics and strategy you will need to achieve your goals.
What will you learn?
- What is the difference between the traditional accumulation model of retirement vs. the passive income model?
- How much capital is needed for financial freedom in the cash flow model?
- How much cash flow do I need? What is my monthly number?
- What is the inflection point? How does it relate to building net worth?
- What makes secured, cash flowing real estate a good investment?
- What types of assets are ideal for passive cash flow investors?
- Where can I find capital for investing?
- What is a self-directed IRA? How can I use one to leverage my investing?
- What is the role of your practice or business?
- What lifestyle issues impact investing?
- How do I deal with debt? What is good debt versus bad debt?
- Should I pay off debts? Which one? In which order?
- How do my assets compare to each other? How well do they perform?
- How does debt build wealth?
- How does a busy professional find the time to invest? How to find good deals?
- What are the best ways to invest?
- What are the layers of a real estate deal? Is it necessary to invest in all layers of a deal?
- What is a joint venture? How can I use a joint venture to leverage our ability to invest?
- What are the best ways to network?
- How can I use a master sweep account (MSA) to recapture interest that I am paying?
- How can an MSA help me pay off debts faster with no additional income
- What is a family bank? How can this help with my investing?
What will you get out of the workshop portion of the course?
- A Freedom Blueprint to begin your Path to Financial Freedom
- The homework will give you:
- A baseline budget for monthly spending and your freedom number.
- A list of assets and liabilities for you to create a personal financial statement. This should be saved and compared to future quarterly updates to mark your progress.
- A list of insurance policies that may serve a source of investable capital.
- A list of action items that will further your blueprint.
- What order to approach your action items for maximum impact.
- A set of SMART goals to lead you through your blueprint.
- A framework to analyze your debts and assets. What to pay off first? What not to pay off? What assets to keep? What assets to sell?
- An action plan with your top three goals to begin your blueprint.
Our thanks to Freedom Founders for their sponsorship of the event. Freedom Founders will be providing the workshop curriculum and the workbook. They offer several level of membership for those who would like to take their pursuit of financial freedom to the next level. Please visit the website at www.freedomfounders.com.
About the Speakers
Eric N. Shelly, DMD, MAGD currently serves as the Region 3 Trustee for the Academy of General Dentistry. He has served PAGD in several roles including President, Board Member, CE and Advocacy Committee. He planned and hosted three PAGD Business Symposiums
In the real estate and investing arena, Dr. Shelly has achieved the Free For Life designation from Freedom Founders which is a real estate mastermind group that focuses on helping dentists and other professionals achieve financial freedom. He has built a portfolio consisting of 38 rental properties, a private lending portfolio, and 15 syndicated investment projects. Dr. Shelly also created the Freedom Capital Funds that serve as investment opportunities for accredited investors. He is the author of The Path to Financial Freedom and CEO of Freedom Impact Consulting LLC, a company that provides fund design and management, private capital structures, and access to private capital and investments.
Phil Zeltzman, DVM, DACVS, CVJ, FF cert., is a Board-certified veterinary surgeon who at one point owned or co-owned 5 veterinary practices (he’s now down to 2). He started investing in real estate in 2001 – the hard way (think sweat equity and elbow grease). In 2004, he discovered the beauty and simplicity of passive investing.
Since then, Phil has been involved in multiple facets of cash flow investing, including lending deals, rental properties, mobile home parks, self-storage units and multi-family properties, both in the US and abroad. A passionate but recovering “stock guy”, he progressively got more and more out of the stock market.
Now, Phil’s passion is to help healthcare professionals (dentists, veterinarians, physicians etc.) enjoy safe and predictable cash flow. Phil is a serial entrepreneur, prolific author (including the book How I Got Off the Hamster Wheel) and international speaker. He is a “Free for Life Trusted Advisor” in Freedom Founders. He is also the secretary of the Lehigh Valley Veterinary Medical Association.