LOCAL HOST: DR. JOE GRONKA. Classes will be held at Bloomsburg University. Rooms will be held at the Hampton Inn Bloomsburg. Tuition includes breakfast, lunch and dinner both Friday and Saturday.
Saturday evening is a banquet dinner. Friday night will be held at Joe Gronka's home and Tiki Bar.
Thursday lunch and Sunday breakfast will also be provided.
Thursday September 6 - PEAK Presentations from your Colleagues
Friday, September 7: The Bicon Implant System: Hands-on Practical Course, Dr. Drauseo Speratti
The Bicon system is a unique dental implant system, offering the worldwide dental community a comprehensive solution since 1985. Bicon’s engineers and clinicians have been responsible for many of the innovations in implant dentistry for decades.
Bicon’s unique plateau design follows sound bioengineering principles which allow for the use of short implants. Its unique bacterially-sealed, locking taper, implant to abutment connection provides for 360° of universal abutment positioning — offering restorative flexibility unmatched by other dental implant systems. The sloping shoulder of the Bicon implant consistently provides for gingivally aesthetic restorations, which are easily achieved because the bone that is maintained over the shoulder of the implant provides support for the interdental papillae.
Bicon’s Hands-On Practical Course will provide the basic knowledge needed to place and restore the Bicon Dental Implant system. With lectures and hands-on training, Bicon's instructors will guide you through the surgical and restorative aspects of the system.
- Introduction to the science and benefits of the Bicon Dental Implant system;
- Case selection and treatment planning;
- Consultation with the instructor using your own patient cases, models, and radiographs;
- Osteotomy site preparation for single tooth, multiple teeth, and the edentulous patient;
- Restorative techniques including abutment selection, impression techniques, temporization, and intraoral and extraoral cementation.
Dr. Drauseo Speratti is a 1994 graduate of the Universidade Metodista de Sao Paulo and he received his Specialist in Dental Implants and Oral Minor Surgeries from the Universidade Camilo Castelo Branco in 1996. Dr. Speratti was in private practice in Sao Paulo, Brazil prior to coming to the United States in 2001. He has presented many courses about dental implants and is a Clinical Instructor at the Implant Dentistry Centre and Bicon Institute in Boston, MA.
Saturday, September 8 and Sunday, September 9: Practice Management with PracticeCFO
Wes Read and Greg Maravilla will speak on practice management and cover many of the topics below. They have now worked with at least four PEAK Track I and Track II members and they have all been very pleased with the results.
- How Multiple Offices Make Everyone Rich – Except the Dentist
- The Financial Life Cycle of a Practice
- 10 Habits of the Most Successful Dental Practice Owners
- How to Buy or Sell a Dental Practice for Maximum Value.
- Associates: Classify as W-2 or 1099?
- An Employee Bonus Structure that Works
- Tax Law Changes: How Dental Practices are Affected
- Section 179 Deductions – Benefits and Pitfalls
- Partnerships – How to Form a Happy One
- Making Money vs Keeping Money
- How Much Can a Bad Tax Preparer Cost You?
- How to Prioritize Your Financial Decision-Making
- Dental Specific Financial Planning Scenarios: Strategies to Get Ahead Financially.
- Retirement Plan Designs and Investing Done Well
- Increasing Case Acceptance Through Patient Payment Options